How To Get The Right Kind Of Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Article by Jean Butler

How To Get The Right Kind Of Commercial Vehicle Insurance

When selecting a commercial vehicle insurance policy, there are many different coverage options available to business owners. Knowing what type of insurance coverage options entail is critical when choosing the best insurance policy for your commercial vehicles. Each coverage option provides a business with vital protection if an accident should occur.

What Vehicles Should Be Covered?

When choosing a commercial vehicle insurance policy, a business must take into account all of the vehicles that are used in the company. Business owners will need to choose an insurance policy that will provide the best coverage for all the vehicles under the company’s name. Vehicles that should be included on the commercial auto insurance policy include: commercial fleets, trucks, cars and SUVs used for the company, commercial trucks and any other motor vehicle used by the company, including commercial watercraft.

What Coverage Options Are Available

There are many important coverage options that must be considered. One of the most important selections is auto liability coverage. This provides protection for a business in case a vehicle is responsible for damage to a person or property through its use. Collision and comprehensive coverage provides a business with repair coverage for company owned vehicles. Collision is primarily used in the case of company-liable accidents. Comprehensive is used for non-liable accident repair costs including damaged caused by an animal. Other important coverage options include medical payments, uninsured motorist coverage and under-insured coverage.

Other Potential Policy Endorsements

A business may also need other endorsements on the policy. Such endorsements include: attached equipment coverage and liability coverage for non-owned autos. It is crucial to discuss all ways that vehicles are used in the business operations to ensure proper coverage protection. Talk with a commercial insurance agent to learn more.

About the Author

Jean is a licensed Property & Casualty agent since 1992 and

Leave a Reply