Why do you need of home insurance?

Article by Subhash Kumar

Why do you need of home insurance? Home insurance, or homeowners insurance, is an insurance policy that combines various personal insurance protections which can include losses occurring to one’s home, its contents, loss of its use (additional living expenses), loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that may happen at the home.

The home insurance policy is usually a term contract–a contract that is in effect for a fixed period of time. The payment the insured makes to the insurer is called the premium. The insured must pay the insurer the premium each term. Most insurers charge a lower premium if it appears less likely the home will be damaged or destroyed: for example, if the house is situated next to a fire station, or if the house is equipped with fire sprinklers and fire alarms. Perpetual insurance, which is type of home insurance without a fixed term, can also be obtained in certain areas.

It is important to do your bit for security if you are looking for a competitively priced policy. Fitting window locks, five lever mortise locks to exterior doors, burglar alarms and becoming a member of your local neighborhoods watch will all result in cuts to your premiums.Home insurance can be broken down into three components. What is Building insurance?

This protects the actual building/structure; the exact level of cover will vary between insurance companies. Always check what level of cover you will be getting for your money. It always worthwhile shopping around, as there is always someone offering better cover for the same price. We recommend you get a minimum of five quotes. As mention earlier the basic idea of buildings insurance is to cover your home if damaged beyond repair or destroyed.What is Contents cover?

This covers items that you own within the building/structure for example your home entertainment equipment, clothes, jewellery, carpets and furniture, the cover normally extends to any external parts of the property such as your shed, garage, conservatory or greenhouse. Different insurance companies offer varying levels of cover so always read the small print and always shop around to see who will give you best cover for the best price. If you do not understand the quotes, or any information you have been given then we recommend you contact an independent financial adviser.

Extra cover

Home Service gives you that extra peace of mind with 4 ways to protect your home. Whenever a plumbing, drainage, electrical wiring or gas central heating problem occurs, all you have to do is call their Emergency Hotline which is open 24 hours a day including Christmas a Happy New Year.

Home Service will then swiftly deploy one of our qualified tradesmen to resolve the problem for you. As Home Service pay the tradesman direct all you have to do is sign to say you’re happy with the work that have been done.

An important area of home buildings insurance is that of subsidence.If your home is an area prone to subsidence, the increased level of risk means that your premiums or excesses will be higher. However, even if your property has been affected by subsidence you should still be able to insure your property as long as any repair work has been carried out successfully by professionals.

Home Insurance BenefitsWith Privilege Home Insurance you can be sure that you’ll have the cover you require at a really competitive price. These are some of the great benefits that Privilege offer:

Buildings Insurance

* Automatically provides buildings cover up to £1,000,000 for the cost of rebuilding your home and any outbuildings.

* We don’t just cover things like walls, roofs, patios and driveways, we also cover permanent fixtures like kitchen units, bathroom fittings, and fitted wardrobes.

* We even include outbuildings like garages and sheds.

* Your cover also includes frozen or burst pipes.Contents Insurance

* We don’t just cover the possessions in your home, we cover belongings in garages and sheds.

* Your cover includes the contents of your freezer up to £250.

* If your keys are stolen, we’ll provide you with replacement locks and keys (up to £250).

* We cover the deeds of your home, and will arrange a new copy if they are lost or damaged.

* We automatically increase cover by 10% at Christmas time and around the time of a family wedding.

* If you make a claim we’ll replace your old items with new ones.

Cover outside the home

If you move somewhere else for a while, like to university accommodation, we’ll cover the belongings you take with you.

* If you take out Personal Possessions Cover, your belongings are covered wherever you happen to be in the UK. * We cover your belongings

Pages: 1 2

Leave a Reply